The control of bacterial contamination in seafood processing and packaging is an important health and economic consideration in the meat industry. Aussan products can be used in a number of areas in the seafood industry. Areas where Aussan is used.
- SURFACES Decks, Holding Tanks, Storage Containers, Transportation Vehicles and Cold Rooms
- ICE-MAKING Water used to make ice can be treated with Aussan prior to freezing. Spread an adequate quantity of flake ice over each layer of fish as it is stored. The slow melting of the ice will distribute Aussan over the fish thereby providing continuous sanitization.
- GLAZING Glazing water may have Aussan added enable bacterial control to occur during defrosting.
- PRAWNS Dip prawns for a minimum of 5 minutes in an Aussan/water mix. By dipping the prawns in this solution it prevents “Black Spot.” Care must be taken after this point to keep product temperature and condition stable by freezing or chilling. If black spot has already occurred, Aussan will not act as a bleaching compound and remove the black spot.
- KNIVES, STEELS AND SCABBARDS Scrub in a solution of Aussan and leave immersed in the solution for a minimum of 10 minutes and overnight if possible (Aussan is non corrosive). When ready to use KNIVES, STEELS AND SCABBARDS again there is no need to dry or rinse off as Aussan is a safe non rinse sanitiser.
- SPLIT SAWS, AUTOMATIC FILTERS AND CUTTING BLOCKS Foam clean with Aussan foam Cleaner (F4) leave for 20 – 30 minutes then rinse off. Spray with Aussan and leave to air dry. No rinsing is required. Submerge cutting / filleting boards overnight in a solution of Aussan following foam cleaning an