The control of bacterial contamination in meat processing and packaging is an important health and economic consideration in the meat industry. Currently the antibacterial/antimicrobial regimes for this market is dominated by products containing high levels of chlorine, bromine, sulphur dioxide, benzoates and nitrites. These chemicals are toxic highly reactive materials and pose both application and disposal issues for operators and the environment. Aussan is an organic sanitiser that can deliver the requirements of cleaning and sanitising in a non toxic, non corrosive and biodegradable system, thus greatly reducing OH&S and chemical toxicity issues
- Aussan can be used for surface sanitation on all processing surfaces and equipment with no requirement for rinsing. The product is completely non toxic to humans and animals.
- Aussan can be used for direct carcass washing to reduce levels of common pathogens associated with food poisoning in domestic meat processing.
- Aussan is also a powerful natural antioxidant which may assist in prolonging the storage life of the meat.
- Aussan can be dosed into washing sprays or used in dip tanks or ice production for mechanical cleaning of meat after processing.
- Aussan is 100% Natural and Certified with NASAA as an input for organic production/processing and has no residual flavour, odour or colour.